Monday, August 8, 2011

Smoothies during Ramadan


August 8, 2011

No barbecue yet, but I was introduced to a great juice bar in midtown Abu Dhabi last night (I'm still figuring out the neighborhood names), where I ordered what the menu calls a "cocktail."
My concoction is pictured above. Also in the photo are Saeed, a writer from Eritrea, and Sara, a designer from Ohio. The hands of Hailey, a public relations executive from London, and Carlos, a landscape architect from Mexico, are also visible in the foreground.
Sara and Hailey had the guacamole smoothie and Carlos went with grape. Saeed decided on the cocktail.
No booze in any of these beverages, especially during Ramadan, but just about everything else: papaya, guacamole, banana, pineapple, watermelon and several other fruits I didn't recognize or couldn't pronounce. The verdict: smoothest, thickest fruit shake I've ever had. The density of the Imperial pint smoothie took a few sips to get used to, but I decided I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment